Monday, January 27, 2014

Review: Munitorum Burst Cannons

I couldn't resist buying this. I don't know why, but this series isn't that bad at all.

















So this is my second review from this new line of eBooks from Games Workshop Digital.
If you missed the first one, click!

As usual the breakdown first. It has a total of 22 pages. 4 of them are pictures, 7 are background, 2 story (sort of), 2 page full of rules and 7 are advertisement and copyright.

As usual, the Background describes the evolution and the area of operations of the Burst Cannons. It's well written and gives a bit more insight to that part of the Tau Empire.
Did you know that Imperial Guardsmen hate the sound the weapon makes? Yep, even this is mentioned.

The story part of the book is seperated in two parts, the first is a little introduction and the second one is a quote from a Guardsman who survived an Stelth Team ambush. I really like the quote because it reflects the desperation those people suffered.



Two of the pictures show the what is what on a Burst Cannon and the other two picture the usual cherubs found everywhere with the next chapter's names.

So, I have to admit, I'm starting to like this series. The price, on the other hand is "too damn high!" 
I like this one more than the one with the Rail Rifles, so i give it a solid 

3/5

If the price would be at 0,99 € it wouldn't feel like a rip-off and I would buy more than the Tau-related ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment