Thursday, January 16, 2014

Black Library Digital not DRM-free

 Well, this may was obvious from the beginning, but I couldn't find something on the internet to prove me right/wrong.







So I have downloaded the Munitorum Rail Rifle file from the Apple App Store and wanted to read it on my Computer. 
1,49 € wasn't that much of a ripp-off so I tried it with this book (yeah, let's call it book..).

Long story short, it wouldn't work due Digital Rights Management (DRM) restrictions.

If you want to read those Games Workshop Digital products on your computer you should buy the books in MOBI-format, this sould work just fine! 

However this file works on my iPhone with iBooks. I'm not sure if Codexes will work since BL stated that you will need an iPad for them.
This was my first file I bought from GW:Digital, lets see if it was worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment