Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mystery of the third Rail Rifle

There is this time when you think you have seen everything but I have never been so wrong!

"Luke,.... Luke,..... there is .... another .... Rail .... Rifle!"








So, this one is bugging me for a long time now. I thought I have all metal Rail Rifles for my pathfinders, and I have a lot of them...

It was around September last year while I was leafing through the Tau and Necron Collectors' Guide when this caught my attention:




It looks like the Pathfinders' right arm is twisted around the rifle and the trigger is missing.

I immediately looked at all my Rail Rifle Arms and could not find an arm matching the one on the picture but three different arms like it's stated in the book.

Some days went by and I totally forgot about that arm until I went to my bookshelf and stumbled upon Games Workshop Gold:






Immediately remembered the "Mystery-Arm" and looked into the book to find this:



Damn, wrong side and also very blurry.... Not much information here, just a picture with the three regular arms:



So there it is, a mysterious arm with no evidence of it's existence. What is it? Is it a prototype? A misscast accidently put in this book? 
What du you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment