Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Web Findings: Metal Gear Tau Rex

Hello everyone! After coming back from holidays I have a nice find for you guys







Ok, some people may already know that, but I'm sure some of you won't.
A few years ago, there was a Tau Community Board (I can't remember the name) but me and some other people posted a lot of cool conversions of Battlesuits, Tanks and so on.

Later, one of them, GreyDeath, created his own conversion board called Work in Progress
I didn't register but lurked around every now and then to get inspirations for my own conversions. 

Eventually I found a thread called 'Metal Gear Tau Rex'. Since I loved to play Metal Gear Solid 1 on my PSone, it caught my attention immediately. A guy called Caiin wanted to build a Metal Gear Rex from Tau models, starting with this picture:



Everyone was curious where this project could go and if it will look like a tauish version of the Rex, but Caiin did a really good job! With every new picture he posted, it looked more and more like if he'd tored the Metal Gear right out of the game and merged it with the Tau universe.

But see for your self in Caiins thread over at Work in Progress:


http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=16926&st=0


Enjoy the progress as I enjoyed reading it. In the meantime I finish my own, but that's another story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment